Friday, July 10, 2009

Cutter's Brand of Zen


Joe and I laugh because we know that each time Cutter sees a movie at the theater or on the t.v., he will come away from it saying, "That was the best movie EVER."
Cutter's joie de vivre extends far beyond the movie theatre, though. Before he eats his Saturday morning doughnut, he says, "This is going to be the best donut ever." And when he finishes, he says, "That was the best donut ever." Just today, we spent time with friends and he played for hours with his good friend Fisher. As soon as we pulled away in the car, he said, "That was the best play session with Fisher yet." Mind you, he never wants to stop playing with Fisher. Every day with Fisher is the best day ever with Fisher.
Explaining this aspect of Cutter to a friend, she said it was his Zen, his way of living in the moment. And I really have been considering that. How amazing to wake each day and not compare it to the last day, or the last 5,000 days. To look at a book or a game or the snow piling up outside and say, "This is going to be the best ..... EVER." And then it is. I hope I am learning from him.

More to come about our trip, for which I took few pictures before the camera broke. I'll try to make up for that in descriptive words.

I hope this moment is one of your best *EVER*.

Jen

No comments: